Hello sweet reader,
What a wonderful blessing for those who have had the joy of sharing
their life for fifty years! My in-laws celebrated their fiftieth wedding
anniversary last fall and I had the honour of making the cake for their celebration.
I can’t say that I did everything because my sister-in-law made the
delicate flowers and pearls that gave the final touch to the cake. She used
fondant and a lot of patience! She did a beautiful job and the cake was a show
stopper.
My job was to come up with the concept for the cake, bake and assemble.
I wanted to especially please my in-laws, so I made a lemon and poppy seed cake
with a dulce-de-leche filling and vanilla-bean buttercream. My father-in-law
loves lemon meringue pie and my mother-in-law is a big fan of poppy seed, so
you could say that they’re a match made in heaven! From there, I just added the
Latin touch with dulce-de-leche (home-made) and vanilla-bean buttercream.
Making the cake was easy. I baked it two days before and frosted the
cakes the day before the event. Then the hard part began, transporting the
cake! My husband was not keen on transporting the cake already assembled, so I
had to pack up everything into the car. I filled two laundry baskets with all
kind of supplies, even ingredients for an extra batch of buttercream in case I
needed more, or the cakes got damaged during the trip (about an hour from
home). We arrived about 2 hours early so I could work on putting together the
cake. As more guests arrived, an audience began to form. Pressure was building
up and expectations were getting high!
At the end, everything went better than planned. The cake looked nice,
the guests were impressed and my in-laws were happy. Even my husband told me
that it was the best cake I have ever made and he still raves about it!
I wish the happy couple many more years of joy together. If I can fill
their bellies with sweet creations, then I will be happy too!
Sweet wishes,
Regina


No comments:
Post a Comment